Personal Emergency Response Systems [PERS] summon help in emergencies at the push of a button, providing you, your family and friends with peace of mind.
The system consists of a base unit connected to hydro and to the telephone line, plus a wireless transmitter that is worn by the person or persons requiring the service. When an emergency occurs, you simply press the button on your pendant or hand transmitter to alert our response center that you need help. The monitoring station will contact your family, neighbors, friends or even the emergency services.
Security Response Centre: 24/7 Protection
Our monitoring station, Security Response Center in Sarnia, Ontario has been in business for over 30 years providing efficient and reliable service to the alarm industry. Friendly, trained staff are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure that your emergency is handled properly and promptly when seconds count.
To obtain a Medical Alarm from First Line Security, contact one of our local authorized dealers today.
Download Medical Alarm Flyer
Who Should Use a Medical Alarm?
A Medical Alarm is perfect for anyone who wants the added security of knowing that if they have an emergency that they can push a button and help will be on the way. A person can continue their independent living and daily activities and not concern themselves with checking in with family.
Medical Alarms can be used by:
- the elderly that want to live alone and maintain their independence but it also allows family the peace of mind knowing that their loved one can get help when it is needed.
- anyone with a medical condition, for example seizures. In an emergency all the person has to do is push a button and they will know that help is on the way. Even if you are unable to communicate, the operator will make the calls on your behalf and send help.
- anyone who has problems walking and wants a little more security in the fact that they can get help if required.
Where can you get a Medical Alarm?
A Medical Alarm can be delivered to your home in a variety of ways:
- You can have an agent come to your home and set it up for you. In this case, the agent can give you a demonstration on how the unit works and answer any questions that you might have in regards to the operation of the unit.
- You can install the unit yourself. You can pick the unit up at one of our dealers or we can have a unit shipped to your home. You simply plug the base unit into the power outlet and the phone line into your existing phone jack. It is that simple. We would test your unit after you have it plugged in to make sure that signals are going to the monitoring station but that can be completed in a matter of minutes.
- With your Medical Alarm unit you will be asked for a list of people to call in the event of an emergency. When you activate your unit, the call centre receives your signal and they immediately start calling the names on your call list. If they are unable to contact someone they will dispatch an ambulance if that has been designated on your list.
- In the event of a power outage, there is a battery backup in the base unit and you continue to receive complete coverage.
Where can a Medical Alarm be used?
The Medical Alarm unit can be used almost anywhere in your home that there is a phone jack.
Some people like to have the unit in their bedroom where it is not seen. Some would rather have the unit out in their living area. It does not make any difference to the unit where it is located as long as there is hydro and a phone jack to plug into for phone service.
The Medical Alarm unit is programmed to automatically test itself once a week. If no signal is received, First Line Security is contacted and someone will be in touch to check out the unit.
What is the actual size of a transmitter?
For more questions, view our Medical Alarms Frequently Asked Questions.